Aims and Values
To 'Bring out the Best' in all of our children
- To provide a caring, secure and stimulating learning environment in which every child can develop as an individual intellectually, socially, morally, emotionally and physically;
- To provide as a minimum entitlement access to the National Curriculum for each child and extend further the broad balanced relevant and differentiated aspects of this and the wider curriculum;
- To provide opportunities for every child to feel part of a community where they can develop respect for themselves and the feelings, gender, culture, belief, views and ability of others; and
- To develop self-esteem, self-discipline, self-respect and confidence to meet the changes and challenges in their life ahead.
At Kenyngton we are ambitious for our pupils and our community. The individual pupil is at the heart of everything we do.
In all that we do and across our curriculum we seek to encourage and support children's understanding of fundamental British values.
Pupils are taught to value:
Democracy: We make decision together
Rule of Law: We understand the need for rules
Individual Liberty: We believe in freedom for all
Mutual Respect and Tolerance: We treat others how we would like to be treated
In addition to the British values above, at Keyngton Manor School we follow these additional values:
- Respect - listen and think
- Resilience - never give up
- Courage – learning happens when we struggle
- Pride – be proud of what you achieve
- Ambition for All – aim high - you can do it!
- Responsibility - take ownership of your choices